Friday, July 17, 2009

My Apologies

My apologies for the quiet stint! I have been ball & chained to my drafting table as I am preparing my portfolio for the SCBWI Denver Conference 2009 in September. My pieces are coming along well and I look forward to having all of this work finished about mid-September. My dirty dishes are nearing 10 feet high and the house plants are gasping for water.

This hiatus has given me a few things to ponder. I have been a regular at the local library lately and stumbled upon a few Caldacott Medal books -- happens to be by the same illustrator. Have you ever read anything by David Weisner -- WOW!! I am a fan! I love his illustrations. They are precise and quite representational. I will be posting a few posts about the books I have of his. They are definately worth a look. Really wish I could post pics, but I don't have the rights!

I will do my best to get back to posting semi-regular posts. They may be short for a while.

The opportunity still exists: Looking for a few people who want a regular "soap box" about writing and illustrating for children! Even if you are on the fence, let me know. I am searching for people who want an opportunity to do some self promotion. The posts don't have to be long and they can be about anything related to the subject! Please pass along the news.
Email: info@shaundra.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment