Thursday, May 7, 2009

Here We Go!

I am pleased to be starting this children’s picture book review blog. It has a scope of covering all different aspects of children’s picture books from self publishing, illustration, other illustrators and their work, book review for parents & teachers, tips & tricks, book production and publication.

You see, there is a wide variety of topics to talk about regarding children’s picture books. I hope to be able to cover it all here. If you are a parent or teacher of young children, you will be able to find reviews of new books set to be released. If you are a self publisher, I hope you will be able to find some helpful insights here.

I wanted to introduce myself briefly. My name is Shaundra Schultz and I am a children’s book illustrator. I primarily help self publishers get their book illustrated and then published. I have always loved children’s illustration and now I am pleased to be serving writers who want to see their dream become reality! I have 1 book published as an illustrator and I am eager to start on one of the two manuscripts I currently have on my desk.

Formerly, I had been in the graphic design field designing for small companies here in town. The work started to dry up and I made the decision to “go for the gusto” and do what I know I was called to do – Children’s Picture Book Illustration! So, here we are. Today, I visit elementary schools hoping to inspire kids all over to follow their dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shaundra, I am the author of one children's book, titled 'William the Fairground Car'. The illustrations are excellent, but I went with the first offer for this book, without 'shopping around' I note you are an illustrator, and would like to see some of your work, and get an idea of costs (say per 10 illustrations) for my next children's book.
    To see my profile, with pictures from 'William' please go to http://www.myspace.com/irene_harvey
    http://eloquentbooks.com/WilliamtheFairgroundCar.html

    ReplyDelete