Monday, June 15, 2009

My Two Hands, My Two Feet

My Two Hands, My Two Feet
Written by Rick Walton and Illustrated by Julia Gorton
Published by G.P. Putnam’s Sons 2000

My Two Hands, My Two Feet is a double delight. It has two books in one. On one side of the book, it is My Two Hands and then you turn the book over and the story is My Two Feet. Each book reads to the very middle of the book.

“When I wake up
My two feet wiggle
Like little kids
Who laugh and giggle.”


I think the manuscript is delightful. I love the rhythm and rhyme. The book talks about all the different things hands and feet can do during the day. A perfect book aimed at the toddler learning about hands and feet.

The illustration is creative and fun. It boasts a technique called cut paper illustration. Shapes were cut out of paper and then arranged on the board. In this case, this paper was airbrushed to add necessary modeling. This is truly a fresh style - you don’t see this everyday in children’s books. (Which is probably why is works so well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment